- MMI Guides
- MMI Semantic Framework
- Community Collaborations
- Professional Opportunities
- MMI Committees & Teams
- MMI Workshops
- Presentations and Papers
- Vocabularies & Standards
- Metadata Tools
- Projects & Organizations
- Search MMI References
- Add Content to Site
- About MMI
The MMI Steering Committee guides the work of the project. Its role is described explicitly in the MMI Terms of Reference, and is summarized here. The roles of the Steering Committee include:
- providing overall guidance to the project
- reviewing the status of the project (e.g.., by receiving monthly updates from the technical team)
- serving on the Technical Team, as appropriate (see below)
- recommending future directions for the project
- responding to information requests (e.g., providing or finding information about other metadata initiatives)
- serving as liaisons to the broader community.
The Steering Committee meets every other month or as scheduled, typically via telecon. Steering Committee decisions are generally by consensus, after discussion. Discussions of the Executive and Steering Committees will be documented in minutes, which are to be made publicly viewable once approved. The Steering Committee must approve: changes to Steering Committee, Executive Committtee, Science Advisory Panel, and Technical Advisory Team membership, and policies applying to MMI membership. Steering Committee members are expected to provide timely responses to requests initiated by the Project Lead or his or her designee(s). Lack of a timely response shall be construed as acceptance of the decisions taken by the rest of the Steering Committee.
These pages (on the Steering Committee group of the MMI site) document the activities of the Steering Committee.