- MMI Guides
- MMI Semantic Framework
- Community Collaborations
- Professional Opportunities
- MMI Committees & Teams
- MMI Workshops
- Presentations and Papers
- Vocabularies & Standards
- Metadata Tools
- Projects & Organizations
- Search MMI References
- Add Content to Site
- About MMI
Sensor Metadata Interoperability
A collection of activities, plans, and ideas for sensor metadata interoperability.
This MMI project is a work in progress, intended to pull together the relevant information to maximize progress toward sensor metadata interoperability. Links will be added to this page as material is developed.
Concepts we hope to address include:
- sensor-related vocabularies
- an upper ontology for sensors and other marine devices
- sensor content standards (comparisons, best practices, examples)
- sensor registries
- strategies for maximizing sensor interoperability
- ongoing activities intended to achieve sensor metadata interoperability
As a baseline, the project will start with the reports from the Sensor Metadata Interoperability workshop, and the Alliance for Coastal Technologies Advancing Sensor Interoperability workshop, publishing a combined list of ideas and implementers. Through widespread publication of this information, we hope to facilitate communication and common development paths.
Many sensor technology and interoperability issues are also considered at the Alliance for Coastal Technologies web site.
Posted December 5th, 2007 by graybeal